10 Baking Soda Remedies and Natural Cures That Will Help You
Baking soda is an excellent tool for home cleaning, a great ingredient used for cooking, but baking soda is surprisingly good for your health and beauty, too.
The most common benefits you can get from baking soda include:
Eases stomach pain
Helps with digestive issues
Helps pH balance
Reduces the symptoms of gout
Promotes kidney health
Treats urinary tract infections
Reduces muscle pain and fatigue
Relieves bloating and gas
Fights off diseases
Kills fungi, mold and parasites
Minimizes cough and sore throat
Reduces the duration of cold and flu
Baking Soda Uses and How to Use
1. DIY natural deodorant: You can create your own deodorant with baking soda, just mix a teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to create a milky paste, and then rub it under your underarms, it works!
2. Simply combine one teaspoon of baking soda with half a cup of water, then you get your face exfoliator. Rub it on your face in a circular motion, this can help you remove dry skin easily.
3. Mix baking soda with warm water to wash hands and feet, this trick will leave your hands soft, and baking soda will remove bacteria and odors to protect your feet.
4. Baking soda is a natural itchy skin relief, mix a teaspoon with some warm water to create a paste, and then rub it on your itchy skin to reduce the discomfort.
5. Also, it works well as a bug bite soother. Create a paste with a teaspoon of baking soda and water, keep applying it for 2-3 times a day until the bite dissipates.
6. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo when washing hair, then you’ll find it’s easy to remove dirt and oil.
7. Baking soda is known to increase plaque removal, that’s why it’s widely used in toothpaste. And you can make your own toothpaste with it, the totally natural trick to fresh your breath. One recommended method by diynatural.com:
Mix together baking soda(2/3 cup), optional salt(1 teaspoon), and peppermint essential oil(10-15 drops). Add a little water at a time, stir till the paste reaches desired consistency.
8. You can create your own teeth whitener with a teaspoon of baking soda and water. Rub the paste onto your teeth once a week, rinse your mouth after 5 minutes, this will make your teeth looking pearly white.
9. Compare with other options, baking soda is a cost-effective way to reduce heartburn and indigestion. Add half a teaspoon of baking powder to two cups of water and drink some an hour after eating may help.
10. Baking soda is the perfect remedy to relieve ulcer pain. Drink a cup of water with one teaspoon of baking soda to reduce the pain.