Whether you're traveling for a couple days, or moving abroad for a long period of time, you need to be on your best behavior. This goes doubly if you're American because we are raised in a culture where we are honestly not taught that many other cultures exist, or matter. And this tends to make us douchebags when we go to other countries. Here are the seven biggest offenses we tend to make.
1. Restaurant food photography.
2. Assume that our politics are everyone's politics.
3. Taking pictures of random residents as if they were part of the monuments/cultural sightseeing.
4. Walking incredibly slowly with a huge backpack on.
5. Being ~inspired~ by poverty and struggle.
6. Assuming they are familiar with our pop culture.
7. Doing racist things while STILL in the country in question.