What Is It Like to Stay at a Tokyo Capsule Hotel (5 pics)

 

One guy stayed at a Tokyo capsule hotel for a week. Some Japanese people who lost their jobs live their for months or even years.

 Lobby
Look at this inviting and warm lobby. You buy a ticket out of the vending machine on the left to stay the night.

706
After going up an elevator I made it to the 7th floor. The entire floor is basically a hallway with these small square holes stacked 2 high on each side. I was on the bottom.

No real door
I hope no one on my floor snores (spoilers: they did).

Inside
This is from the inside looking at the door. Note the spacious closet and ventilation fan.

Amenities
My legs for scale. The tv took ¥100 coins to watch it but I just assumed it didn't work. And don't be fooled by the window... it was bolted shut. 

No comments:
Write comments